About a year ago, I wrote a post about how yoga can benefit kids (Yoga for Kids). I have since taken formal trainings in kids yoga and have gained a greater appreciation for the impact that yoga and meditation can have on kids.
Through my Next Generation Yoga teacher training, I have learned that yoga can have so many more benefits for children, including:
- Assist in body development and flexibility
- Improve concentration, body awareness, and balance
- Improve self-image
- Increase levels of self-esteem and confidence
- Learn tools for coping with stress and frustration
- Learn different modes of expression and creativity
This training really taught me to teach from my heart. When teaching yoga, or anything really, be true to your own heart and what you are passionate about. Kids will see that passion.
Also know that kids won’t enjoy everything. Yoga may not be for them, like many other things.